Saturday, November 27, 2010

THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING PAUL

In 1966 when I was born my mother named me Paul.
Five days after my birth, I was stolen from my mother by forced adoption practices in Queensland.
At 12 days old I was given to strangers by Social Workers employed by the Government.

These strangers gave me a new identity and a new name and called me, son.

The government Department, Births/ Deaths/and Marriages then compounded this false identity by issuing a Schedule Birth Certificate which was a legal document consisting of lies.

I then had to live with this false identity.

When I reached the legal age of 18 years, I wondered, “Where were the Social Workers who deemed this to be, in my best interest, where were they to check if this was indeed, “For the best interest of the child”.

No one came to inquire if I was ok, or if I had good adoptive parents.

No one asked me if I wanted or consented to being adopted!

I have lived this false life for over 40 years now.

By taking my identity from me, I have been deprived of;

My name, my true self.
The special bond that exists between a mother and child.
My mother’s love and caring from my birth onwards.
My siblings and my extended family.
The right to my birth name and to enjoy my heritage and for my blood line to remain unbroken.
My children to continue with my heritage and to know who they truly are.
The best and honest interest of the child would have been to stay with his mother.

THIS WAS NOT ALRIGHT THEN AND IS NOT ALRIGHT NOW!

No one in my lifetime has ever asked me, “Was this ok for you?”

I have lived my life as a lie.

Paul’s birth certificate states, Son of Margaret.

These two people, can never officially celebrate Birthdays, Mother’s day, Marriages, Birth of Grandchildren or even Deaths as Mother and Son.

These two people can only be joined on a piece of paper that is the first true Birth Certificate.

Even in death we will not be recognised as mother and son.

I am two people with two birth certificates which both say different things.

MARGARET AND PAUL OFFICIALLY CEASED TO BE
MOTHER AND SON FIVE DAYS AFTER MY BIRTH.
THE GOVERNMENT DEEMED ME, “CHILD OF NO ONE.”

WHO CAN TELL ME HOW I CAN BE LEGALLY RECONNECTED TO MY TRUE SELF?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a powerful but true statement